Monday, October 11, 2010

An organized mess

After more thought on the issue of simplifying life I decided to take action.  I started my mission in the boys room and organized/cleaned out their closets.  Now it is still cluttered, but it is an organized mess now!  Then I moved to our closet...that is another story all together.  I couldn't even walk in it, but it looks much better.  I'm still not done, but by doing a little everyday I am making progress toward my goal of an organized mess! 
You may be thinking, 'Why would she want an organized mess and not a clean, clutter-free home?'  I'll tell you why--as long as I have a house full of boys it will never be mess-free around here.  And that is just the way I want it!  A lived in house is a happy house where it's OK to spill something on the floor or scratch the coffee table!
Kinda reminds me of our "house" that the Holy Spirit resides in.  Our life will never be without some kind of mess going on--we aren't perfect (if we were we wouldn't need Jesus) and we're gonna make mistakes.  But isn't it awesome that His grace covers us?  When I make a mess of myself or a situation, I can go to the supreme "clean-upper" and He can come in, sweep up the messiness, and make me whole again...until the next time.  Because let's face it, as long as we're on this planet we'll mess up.  I'm glad my eternal life is not based on what I do in this life--it's based on Who I've trusted in for my life--and that is Jesus!  I'm glad He's in the cleaning-up business, aren't you?
We won't be perfectly like Him this side of heaven and He'll graciously clean up our messes if we allow Him to--the end result being our resurrection in His likeness when our race here is complete.  In the words of the great servant Paul: 
'I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.'

So keep pressing on, a little more everyday, in your race...it'll be worth it all in the end :-)

No comments: