Thursday, January 15, 2015

Purpose

Can I mess up or not fulfill God's purpose for my life?  What if I miss it?  Can I live my life to completion and never realize what God has for me?
These are a few questions that have been on my mind the past few days.  A friend gave me 2 scriptures to look up pertaining to the question of God's purpose on our lives.  I took it a bit further and looked up a few more verses...

'The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord endures forever- do not abandon the works of Your hands.'  Psalms 138:8

'For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed.'  Acts 13:36

'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.'  Romans 8:28

'For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.'  Ephesians 2:10

'being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.'  Philippians 1:6

If I am in Christ, He has called me to a purpose, one just for me, that in the end will glorify Him.  He has began a good work in me and will see it completed before he takes me home.  In order to find this purpose, I must walk daily in His precepts, develop a relationship with Him, listen to what He has to say and then obey His leading.  He will guide my steps to the path He desires for me to travel.


No comments: