Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a Dog Hair Kind of Dilema

OK people...I've got a problem.  It's something I deal with everyday!  It's on my clothes, in my food, on my mouth, my floor, my couch, my bed...it's everywhere and I can't get away from it.  Yes--it is DOG HAIR!  How do I get rid of it?  It follows me everywhere I go!  I even find it on the table when we go out to eat sometimes.  The only solution I can think of is to get rid of Annie-the dear old black baby (lab, i mean) of the Morrison family.  For those of you who know us, you know that she is my hubby's daughter.  All 85 pounds of her will climb up in his lap and just sit there like she weighs 10 pounds!  She is the other love of his life.
So, getting rid of her is out of the question.  The only other thing I can do is try to contain her to one area of the house and sweep, vacuum, then sweep again everyday. 
Dad and his girls (+ Sam)
My dog hair dilemma reminds me of Satan and the havoc he tries to make in the Christian life.  He tries to be all over our lives.  In every corner of our minds sometimes it seems. 

'The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.'  John 10:10

He can't have our souls, but boy can he ruin our testimony, our peace, cause us to doubt...he's pretty powerful.  But only if we let him.  We are the children of God...Satan has no place in our lives or our hearts or our minds!  Goodness knows that he tries every conceivable method to get to us...take Job for example.  God allowed Satan to be all over him, to test his faith, and Job came out for the better after all was said and done.  Not to say he didn't suffer at the hands of Satan, but he overcame and was victorious in the end. 
What can I do to battle this powerful being called Satan you may ask?  I'm glad you did...put on the armor of God people-this is a war and it is real!
 
'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.'  Ephesians 6:10-12
 
Oh, but there is hope...glorious hope.  Guess what?  Jesus has overcome the darkness.  He is Light.  We are to be His Light to the world.  Take heart...He will clean up your dog hair (aka: Satan) and you will stand victorious over it!
 
'You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world'.  1 John 4:4
 
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  John 16:33





No comments: