Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday

Wow...it's been a busy week around here!  Little one sick with who-knows-what disease, a new bible study, and homework!  I am glad to pop in and be able to share a Word Filled Wednesday-I need one, how about you?
Over the past few days, I've had several reminders of how much is going on around us that may cause us to worry:  earthquakes, Occupy 'wherever', countries in financial ruin...even one of the media headlines on my email homepage said "Italy Financial Woes-  Why You Should Be Worried".  I mean really, people are already worried enough, let's get them even more riled up. 
But then I thought, what an opportunity for Believers to step-up here.  There is worry all around us.  This is the time we can say 'Why worry when you can pray?' (I saw this on a church sign today and had to use it).  We have an eternal hope.  We have the answer to all this mess going on around us-Jesus.  He is the Truth, the Light, the Way.  People are hungry for an answer.  They are searching for relief from their worry and anxiety.
This is our chance to share what we know to be true-  God see's all, knows all, and cares about what each one of us is going through.  Introduce people to the solution to their problems, the 'drug' for their anxiety.  You don't need Xanax, you just need Jesus!

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"  Matthew 6:25-27
Can you see her, the blue-colored bird in the middle?  She appears to
be sitting on a nest without a care in the world.  I'm thinking
time to worry isn't on her to-do list today!
Linking up with Tracy at Winsome Wednesday...

3 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Love this verse! Such a great reminder!

Eileen said...

"You don't need Xanax, you just need Jesus!" I think that's gonna be my go to phrase when I start to feel overwhelmed today! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison - great post. Great perspective. I love how you say we should use what is going on in the world to tell others of Christ. Thank you too for linking up. I really appreciate it.
God bless
Tracy