Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Life and Lesser Catatrophes- A Review

My Life and Lesser Catastrophes, Christina Schofield, 978-0-8007-9511-5I can say with all honesty, this is one of the best books I've read in a long time.  I stood in my kitchen, where I was supposed to be fixing up the coffee pot for the morning, and read the first 50 pages-and it only has 150.  It is that good.  Christina is real, matter of fact, and doesn't sugar coat any of the emotions she felt when her husband was paralyzed.  You can feel her heartache, anger, disappointment...she tells it all with a humor that is sincere.  She is someone you'd like to share a cup of coffee with and just feed off her energy.
I can't imagine walking down the road her family has, but I hope if I ever face anything like it I'll come out in the end with my faith intact and my love for Him stronger than ever.  I would encourage you to read this book My Life and Lesser Catastrophes, I can assure you that you'll never look at your circumstances the same or take your family for granted again. 
This book was sent to me by the publisher for review.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Sound great. Will add to my list!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison - sounds great. I'll see if I can find it in Cape Town
God bless
Tracy

Unknown said...

Too many books, not enough time - aagh! lol I'll have to add this book to my list.

Heidi said...

Wow, sounds great!

Sherry said...

Ooh, I'll have to check it out! Looks great!