Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday...

'Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.' Colossians 4:2


Another Thursday has rolled around!  As always, I have much to be thankful for.  I don't want to take ONE thing, even the breath He has given me, for granted.  The blessings come when you stop and take notice of even the most simplest of gifts!  The dog hair on my floors because it means I have a house.  The icing on my chair because it means little hands smeared it there.  So thankful!

I am also thankful for the not so happy gifts:  Cerebral Palsy, financial struggles, poor health of family members.  These are also His gifts to me.  Chances He has given to allow me to grow and trust Him as never before.  Opportunity to let His light shine through me.  So thankful!

Counting one thousand gifts:
#70  retests for my second grader
#71  orange soccer jersey's
#72  google so I can learn how to do second grade homework
#73  willingness of strangers to serve Him alongside one another
#74  hardworking hubby who painted my house
#75  the flat head shovel the hubby used to get the tile off the kitchen floor
#76  cloud cover from TS Lee that has kept the temps down
#77  a clean refrigerator
#78  2 boys playing DS together and getting along
#79  boy #3 taking a nap
#80  the smell of fall

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Allison, I had to laugh at #72. :) Great list!

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Another wonderful list Allison!

And you make a good point, even the things we wouldn't normally think of as Blessings in our lives (eg. financial issues, child illnesses, etc.) are all part of our Father's plans for us, and one way or another are for our good. That makes them Blessings in my book!

Have a Blessed Day!

Lindsay said...

So true about ALL the blessings. Many of our circumstances in life are simply opportunities to bring Him glory! (And I think you're doing a wonderful job of that, BTW!) ;) Great list! I just started my list today! So glad to be joining in!