Friday, August 19, 2011

5 Minute Friday

5 minutes of focused writing on the prompt...NEW




'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation.  The old has gone, the new has come.'  2 Corinthians 2:17

GO.

A new day, a new life.  When Christ came into my heart, He made me new.  My perspective of the world around me was different.  I stopped seeing my space through worldly glasses and began to see with eternal ones.  The grass was greener, the flowers brighter, the people a little more desperate...

The longing in my soul became hungry for all things new in Him.  My desire became for the Word, the Kingdom.  Not what I could do for myself, but what could I do for Him?  I wanted to, and still do, make a difference in His name here on this earth.  Right where I am.

Today is a new day.  His mercy is new this morning.  I am lifting my eyes to Him in anticipation of what He will do through me this brand new day.

STOP.

Linking up with Gypsy Mama and 5 minute Friday...

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Amen! Love the new lens we see the world through once Christ comes in and makes us new. :)

Jenifer Metzger said...

Praise God for new days and new mercies!

BARBIE said...

Thankful that He gives me the desire to pursue Him daily! Great post!

Stacy @ Heartprints of God said...

....The longing in my soul became hungry for all things new in Him.

Amen!
Beautiful~
~Stacy

Unknown said...

Amen! Praise God for making me new and His new mercies every morning.