Thursday, September 9, 2010

If you're looking for me today try the mental hospital!

Yes I am blogging today from the inside...just kidding.  But boy did I think I needed to be committed last night.  Or maybe I just needed some Prozac!  My six year old just about did me in.  He had a project due today and I thought it would be a quick, no-hassle deal so we waited to the last minute to do it.  Boy was I wrong.  It took us three...yes three hours to complete a timeline with ten events on it.  We even had photo's to use and not hand drawings.  By the time we were done, I was exhausted both mentally and physically.  My poor child had writers cramp.  I said I wasn't going to be the parent that completed their child's projects for them, but if I could've written like a first grade boy I would've done it last night.
I felt a little bitty tiny bit what I think God must feel when His children frustrate Him.  I am not comparing myself to God, I'm just saying I got a little taste of frustration.
Imagine how He felt when the Israelites continually rebelled against Him.  No wonder He punished them with captivity and hardship.  But what about us?  The ones that He sent His Son into this world to save?
"But God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."  John 3:17
How does He feel when we continue to walk in disobedience even after we've realized what Christ has done for us? 
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."  Ephesians 4:30
I think this means that we can grieve God because of our actions.  I know we can sure frustrate him!  We should strive to always walk in obedience to Him so that we are not guilty of causing Him grief.
"As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance." 
1 Peter 1:14
So how can we show obedience to Him?  Like the verse above says we should not strive for desires we had in our old life.  That could be money, prestige, success, or any other number of things that we sought to satisfy our needs.  He is our Supplier and He alone will meet all of our needs.  I know I don't want to be one to cause Him grief...I want Him to be proud of me.  Just like I'm proud of my child...even if he did frustrate the hound out of his mother!

No comments: