Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall, Fall, I love Fall!!

Fall is in the air...at least in the morning then it's up to 90 degrees still!  But I can at least feel it in the mornings.  It's hard to get into the festivals and activities of fall when it still feels like July. But it is still my favorite time of the year.  I love the colors and the pumpkins and the hayrides and everyting else that goes along with it! 
It also reminds me that God is ever faithful and that each year He brings about a change in seasons.  For some people, depending on where they live, the changes are very subtle and for others the change is drastic.  Kinda like the Christian life.  When you ask Jesus into your life you change.  That change can be subtle for just you to see or it can be drastic for everybody and their brother to see.  I hope my change has been the latter.  I want people to see me and my response to life and say, "Wow, I want what she has!  She takes everything with such a great attitude."  I don't want to be in the middle of the crowd acting the same way the world does to life situations.  I want to stand out and be different! 
I want to shine with the light of Jesus and light the path of others.  We are the light of the earth.  It is a dark, crazy-scary world out there.  But I imagine looking down from space and seeing all these lights shining in the darkness making the earth glow with the radiance of Him.  We are that light and we should hold it up lilke a beacon and be proud of it!
"You are the light of the world.  A city on hill cannot be hidden.  Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."  Matt. 5:14,16

1 comment:

Rachel Olsen said...

From one Fall-lover to another, Amen!

Smiles ~ Rachel