Friday, September 10, 2010

Green stuff is falling from the sky...

Don't go running to look out your windows there is not literately green stuff falling from the sky.  But for the Morrison family it is!  The green stuff I'm referring to is money.  And no, it's not coming down in buckets over here, but it is definitely sprinkling!  You're probably thinking I've left my mind back in the mental hospital that I was in yesterday but it's actually present with me today!
No, I'm referring to the mysterious money that we have been blessed with while I've been out on maternity leave.  I guess it's not really mysterious as I know it's from God, but where it actually came from is the mystery.
Let me back up because as I read the above paragraph it really doesn't make too much sense.  As some of you know, my water broke six weeks early and baby Charlie made his appearence.  I went out of work then for my twelve weeks of leave.  Like most people, we have bills-surprise!  We don't have as many as some do, but more than we'd like or feel comfortable paying with me out of work.
So anyway, Jon had gotten paid a few weeks ago from a job he had completed and I was holding onto that money for dear life!  He asked me yesterday what I did with all the money because they wouldn't let him charge anything at Lowe's (he later apoligized for that statement when I reminded him I hadn't been anywhere to do anything with that money).  So I went online and paid all the material bills that were past due and the power bill (we do need lights) and my happy finger (another story for another day) cell phone bill.
With a little bit of money left in the bank I got to thinking where did all that money go?  So I got out my notebook paper and the calculator and wrote down everything we spent money on since he put that check in the bank.  Would you believe we actually didn't spend money on anything that we didn't have to?  Well, except the vet bill for the Chloe vs. rat poison deal.  I even wrote two checks at church Sunday as it was building fund day and I hadn't been there in a few weeks to tithe.
When I added up everything the total that we had spent was a very large figure.  I don't even think we make that much money in a month!  (I keep using terms like large, all that money, etc. but it wasn't a whole lot of money by the world's standards just for our family).  Where did all the money come from for us to make ends meet?
"So do not worry saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them."
Matthew 6:31
He knows that we need to eat, have shelter and clothing, and that Jon needs work.  He has provided all of these things for us.  I believe He has because I am where He wants me to be at this time in my life.  I am here with these precious children that He has blessed us with.
"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."  Psalm 40:8
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He will continue to provide for us.  He'll keep bringing Jon work and He'll keep providing the mysterious money to keep us going.  I thank Him and pray that we can continue to walk in the path that He has placed us on.
Our three miracles...Zach, Sam, and Charlie

No comments: