Monday, January 17, 2011

Marvelous Monday

'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has gone, the new has come.'  2 Corinthians 5:17

I am so thankful for that verse of scripture on this Monday.  My old self is GONE!  I am free to be all Christ has planned for me.  I am new.  What a relief!  I didn't like the old me.

I have committed to memorize 24 scriptures this year along with the other 8,000 or more women who are a part of the Beth Moore Siesta Scripture Memory Team.  I've memorized two so far and the above verse is my second!  I've never really done scripture memory before, but it is a vital part of my Christian walk.  I really wanted to do James with some of the other bloggers, but thought I'd better start out smaller :-)

I'm even having my group of kids memorize 24 this year at church.  I'm exicted for them and what they'll learn in the process.  I challenge you to learn some scripture this year.  Don't be afraid to committ to it...He's worth it!  Have a happy Monday!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I started memorizing Scritpure last year. I would start with one per week. It totally changed the course of my life. I actually felt armored up and ready to go whenever I encountered trials. Love the verse...perfect for a Monday..shedding our old life so we can claim something new!

Kati said...

This is one of my favorite verses! I think I will start memorizing verses while I'm working on my 365 challenge!

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

That's a wonderful verse Allison, and one I've thought a lot about the last few weeks.

Have a Blessed Day!

Unknown said...

Memorizing scripture is a worthy goal. We are to hide God's Word in our hearts.