Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday's Unwrapped

Incourage is having their December devotional carnival today so pop over and take a look.  Don't forget to take a peek at my devotional that will be posted there tomorrow under Daily Guests!

What is the best gift you've EVER gotten on Christmas?  I can't think of just one that really stands out.  I've racked my brain, but I just can't put my finger on the 'best' one.  Some people can name it off without even thinking about it.  Not me.  Was I just spoiled?  Probably.  I like to think it's the fact that I can't seem to remember anything.

After giving this question some thought I realized that the best gift was the same for everyone--Jesus!  His birth was the greatest gift this world has ever seen.  Most don't realize it and won't until it's too late, but for those of us who DO know it--WOW!  How humbling a thought that the God of this universe would take on the form of man in order to die on the cross some 30 years later for the sin of all humanity.  What a gift.  No gift can beat that. 

The question we need to ask ourselves is what do we do with this gift?  Do we keep it wrapped up and hidden in our hearts just for ourself?  Or do we open it up and share it with everyone we can?  I think the latter.  Don't keep Him hidden.  Let your life be a testament of the gift you've been given.  I mean, really, it's eternal life!  Forever in His presence.  It's salvation from not only the darkness in this world, but also of self.

So unwrap a little Jesus today and share it with those around you.  Don't keep the best gift of all hidden away.


I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.  John 10:28

4 comments:

RosyRose said...

Hi Allison! I joined the carnival too:) I will look forward to reading your blog at incourage tomorrow. Blessings to you!

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Well said Allison! There's no way we can ever top the gift of Salvation! And you're right, the best way we can Honor and Praise God for this incredible gift is to live our lives walking in Christ's footprints. Thank you for your post!

Heidi said...

Amen! He is the BEST gift and we need to show Him off to the world! Thanks Allison!

Blessings,
Heidi

Unknown said...

I like this - So unwrap a little Jesus today and share it with those around you. He is the best gift of all and we need to share this gift with the world. Amen!