Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sleepless Sunday...

It is 6am and I am wide awake...time change!  You love it or you hate it.  I have a little of both for it.  I like it when I get used to it then we change all over again.  Who made this rule anyway...makes no sense whatsoever!  Anywhoo, since I was up the beautiful Sunday morning I thought I'd share something else I'm thankful for--time :-)
We either have too much of it on our hands or not enough of it.  Either way, we always get 24 hours of it every day.  How do you spend yours?  Working?  Cleaning?  Sleeping?  Playing?  You can have too much of a good thing!  If you spend all of your time working to make that extra buck, then you neglect your family.  If you spend too much time playing, then you may not have enough money to pay the bills for your family.  It is a balancing act...but where do you put God in the span of your 24 hour day?  At the beginning?  The end?  In the car?  He is the most important part of our day...He gave us the day and we should thank Him for it!  I am thankful for the time He gives me every day.  No matter how I spend it, I know it is a gift from Him.  *Time to allow me to benefit His kingdom work. 
*Time for me to worship Him for all He has done for me. 
*Time for me to fellowship with other believers.
*Time to teach our children about Him.
*Time to glorify Him with the work we do.
He blessed us with the gift of time and it's not something you think about being thankful for...especially when you don't seem to have enough of it!  But, He gave it and as it says in Ecclesiates 3:1
There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens
So, will you thank Him for the gift of time today?  And more importantly, take a look at how you spend your time He's given you!
Time is running away...

No comments: