Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday

Hello fellow Bloggy friends! Since I am out of town, I decided to go way back and repost some of my first blog posts. This was written almost one year ago in May.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday brought news for our family that we weren't expecting. My GeeGee went for her routine mammogram and was met with the news that she has two "spots" on her left breast. That's the only one she has as she has met with the big "C" before...in 1982 she lost her right breast to this evil disease.

I immediately found myself wanting to control the events surrounding this circumstance. Being the nurse that I am, I wanted to call a surgeon and have the biopsy done right now. Not June 7 (when it is actually scheduled) but RIGHT NOW. I mean, how can we wait for almost 2 weeks to know what is going on here? Who are we going to get to do the surgery? I wonder if she'll do chemo or radiation? All of these thoughts and more ran through my head before I even paused to ask God to be in this situation (even though He's already all over it). I didn't even acknowledge Him or His plan for us.

After I slowed down a minute, it occurred to me, "What in the world can I do to change what is there and what God's plan is for GeeGee?" Absolutely nothing is my answer. Every single one of her days was numbered before there was even one of them according to my God. He knows His plans for her and they are for good not evil His word declares. He tells me to rest in Him because His yoke is light. He says to be still and know that He is God. God is God and I am not!!
Today I have a peace about the situation. GeeGee says that she does also. After all, we can't change anything. All we can do is walk the path that He has set before us in faith in Him and His perfect will for our lives.

So, please pray for her and us as we wait this out. 9 times out of 10, this will be nothing but calcium. But the 1 in 10 chance that this could be cancer drives me to my knees in prayer for His perfect peace and even His joy in the midst of it all....after all, God is God and I am not!!

PS- there was no cancer and GG is still thriving at 80!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Great reminder. Worry is not productive. Prayer is productive and gives us peace when we are faced with the unknown. Thanks

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Wonderful repost Allison. In times of duress it can certainly be difficult to lay our burdens down and place our trust fully in His Grace, but it's always the right choice!

Have a Blessed Day!