Thursday, September 20, 2012

Believing God for my Promised Land

"For the scriptures tell us, "Abraham believed God, and God him as righteous because of his faith."  Romans 4:3 NLT

I went into labor 6 weeks and 4 days early with our third child.  Not only was I terrified, I also had a little green man pay me a visit in my hospital room.  You know the one off of the Flinstones?  Gazoo?  Yes, he paid me a visit-we won't mention the laundry hamper that turned into a talking horse.

The little green man came quietly, walked around my room, but didn't say a word.  I could see him plain as day, he was real to me.  Yes, now I realize he was a hallucination and my little visitor left me as soon as they turned off the Mag Sulfate dripping into my I.V.  But I can still see Gazoo just as clear today as I did two years ago.

That, my friends, is the kind of belief  I desire to have towards my God.  Only, unlike Gazoo, God is real.  He isn't make believe.  I can't see him, but He's there.  Just as Abraham believed God's promise he would have more children than grains of sand, I want to believe He can take me into a Promised Land here on this earth. 

So, exactly what does my Promised Land look like?  I know it is no comparison to my heavenly dwelling, but I am sure He desires it to be a place of beauty.   A place of contentment, peace, serving, and allowing Him to fully live through me.  I can enter into this land when I resolve to get out of His way and submit to His will on a daily basis.  I have to believe the promises He has made to me.  In order to do that, I must go to His Word and seek those promises.  I must commit to learn, remember, and then rest in them.

What does your Promised Land on earth look like?

No comments: